[rt-users] RT 2.0.14 authentication solely from LDAP

Mark E. Dawson, Jr. medawsonjr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 13:01:15 EDT 2002

I asked this before on the list, and was sent to a
contrib section that had code which would load data
from LDAP into the RT backend db.

What I'm trying to find out is if there is any way
possible for the auth to take place solely on user-
names and passwords in an LDAP database.  If so,
where are the hooks ino this piece where it can be
altered to do so?

I see that the 'Elements/Login' file has some code
that tests the username and password, and references
some method in a %session hash.  This is as far as
I've gotten this morning, and thought I'd circum-
vent a lot of extra work by just asking the list
(as you've been very helpful up to now).

I'm sure that someone else has wanted this in the
past.