[rt-users] link does not work when sent as email

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Thu Oct 3 14:41:00 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:34:21PM -0400, Dajani, Nader (TAG.GTS) <NDajani at exchange.ml.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If, when you click on the link in the email, RT starts to load on a
> browser that is already logged onto RT, the ticket will come up
> correctly as well.  Has anyone else run into this?

Everyone, probably. The login is a POST, and the ticket number
in the URL (GET) is ignored. That's a CGI.pm "feature", AFAIK.
You've already discovered the workaround (although I find that
after I login, I can put the cursor in the Location: bar, hit
enter, and get the ticket.)

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!