[rt-users] Re: Additional field in User details

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Oct 4 06:34:33 EDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:56:32PM -0700, Sean Byron <sean at zerolag.com> wrote:
> > No, they don't need to be searchable. It's just something I need to be
> > able to edit in the User details screen (Modify.html). We're keeping track
> > of the names of the Employees at each of our customers for authentication
> > purporses. Any details on your implementation would be GREATLY
> > appreciated!
>
> Oh, user details, haven't done that. But there's already a field in
> there for the name, so I can't quite picture what you need.

Ok, are you using 1 User Object per Customer (site), and you want to
record the names of the valid employees at each Customer ?

If the case, with 2.0.x I'd suggest using the Watchers table (by defining
another Watcher type), but since thats on the way out, that doesn't solve
your problem.

Otherwise, you probably want to be adding a 'CustomerID' field, and each
(customer) employee is a seperate RT User.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security