[rt-users] rt customizations

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Fri Oct 4 06:35:09 EDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Harald Wagener wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 02.10.02, um 19:18 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Jan
> Okrouhly:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Mike Patterson wrote:
> [snip]
> >> 3) Has anyone setup rt to do ldap-based authentication (as opposed to
> >> local mysql passwords)?  Note our freebsd server uses NIS for unix
> >> logins, but we use LDAP to authenticate to certain web-pages in our
> >> organization.
> >
> > We utilize $ENV{REMOTE_USER} set by one layer up LDAP/web
> > authentication module what is not your case, but I suggest you to
> > write down some code into the
> > {your_rt2_dir}/local/WebRT/html/autohandler.
> >
> > Personaly I could offer some code that utilizes LDAP to autorization
> > only.
> > It autocreates authorized users on their first RT login utilizing
> > pieces of information from LDAP and putting them into some group (which
> > has set needed RT's "access rights").
>
> The easiest way would be to use auth_ldap for apache. Does the
> solution mentioned here touch the logout part of RT as auth_ldap does?
> in other words, are people still able to logout of RT?

I agree. Logging out logs them again, so at least one solution is to
close browser ;-(. My coleague whose did some changes into our auth_ldap
module didn't bother with looking for such option (to discard REMOTE_USER
once it has been set) ;-(, but I believe there is some clean way...

> Regards,
> 	Harald
> --
> Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377491 588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404