[rt-users] Re: Additional field in User details

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Fri Oct 4 11:18:58 EDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:34:33PM +0200, Bruce Campbell <bruce_campbell at ripe.net> wrote:

> Ok, are you using 1 User Object per Customer (site), and you want to
> record the names of the valid employees at each Customer ?
>
> If the case, with 2.0.x I'd suggest using the Watchers table (by defining
> another Watcher type), but since thats on the way out, that doesn't solve
> your problem.
>
> Otherwise, you probably want to be adding a 'CustomerID' field, and each
> (customer) employee is a seperate RT User.

FWIW, this is what we do -- except we've renamed the nickname field to
hold the requiestor's company's tech-support contract number, and modified
the search-for-users page to let you search on that number

(We've also got a workflow hack that lets our phone people select or
create a user first and then fill out a ticket, which works nicely
with the above, because the TS contract number shows up for our TSRs
when calls come in.)

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!