[rt-users] [bug report] sorting on owner not working as expected

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 7 23:36:14 EDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:28:54PM -0700, Grant Miller wrote:

> Bug Report:
> ------------------------------
>
> Behaivor Expected:   sorting tickets by Owner should present a alphabetically
>                      ordered list.
> Behaivor Observed:   when sorting tickets by Owner, they are sorted by the
>                      numeric id of that owner in the Users table.
> Versions:	     fresh install of RT 2.0.15, Apache 1.3.26, Perl 5.6.1,
>                      mod_perl 1.27, Debian 3.0, MySQL 3.23.49.

Known issue. Basically, doing anything different from what we do how
would require fairly extensive retooling (RT's search system wasn't
built to sort on attributes in other tables.)  I'll gladly take a clean
patch from someone who wants to work on this.

	-j

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.