[rt-users] Evaluation of RT

Theodore J. Knab tknab2 at washcoll.edu
Wed Oct 9 12:13:49 EDT 2002

Today, we had presention of RT to our help-desk managers.

Some of the questions we got during the presentation that I could not answer were:

1. Can we set mandatory fields that help desk people will have to enter ?

Transation: We need to force our help desk people to enter information.
Some manadatory fields might be phone numbers and the type of OS,
or physical origin of the problem. Could all of these 'mandatory fields' be
defined in a templet ?

2. How good does the automatic ticket email request work ?
My boss said, that "many help desk programs talk about automatic
features, but I have never seen one that worked".

Translation: What types of problems does one get when users send email
tickets to the queues ?  Do the parsing scripts that process the new
tickets need to be in a specific format ?

3. How are reports generated that I will need?

Translation: I want pretty reports. Are there any good
reporting tools that users from this list might recommend ?