[rt-users] Missing Status for Tickets that cannot be resolved

Alexander Dupuy dupuy at sysd.com
Wed Oct 9 13:37:28 EDT 2002

Michele Hershey writes:
 > The keyword is [very] different [from] the status.  We have the same
 > concern as Ruben with our installation. We have ... similar keywords
 > a[s] Kirrily.
 > A status that doesn't display the tickets but allows searches to be
 > performed on them.

The "stalled" status generally doesn't display (unless you explicitly
add it to your search).  This is also true of "resolved".  And of course
it is possible to search on keywords.

Perhaps you need to explain in more detail why using keywords to
indicate whether a fix was found, or it was just decided that it wasn't
worth the effort, or somebody else's bug, etc. isn't good enough?

In our case, we are also using keywords to indicate that problems aren't
fixed (even when the ticket is resolved), and I think the only quibble I
have with this solution is that RT can't require a keyword (or use a
default value) in the way it does for status.  And perhaps, the ability
to associate different default/allowed values of a keyword with each
different status.

@alex
mailto:dupuy at sysd.com