[rt-users] strange search behaviour

Colin Henein rt at cmh.parliant.com
Tue Oct 15 19:09:38 EDT 2002

I am experiencing a very strange problem on our RT search page.

If, on a clean new search, I use full-text search terms (like "subject
contains digit" or "ticket content matches Chris") I get null search
results back.

Needless to say, I have tickets that match these terms.

The weird thing is that if I click on the [Search] button at the top
left (which returns you to your previous search) the results are
there.

So to be clear, I click "new search". Then I fill in "subject contains
digit". Then I click "Show results" and get a search screen back with
an empty result set (yes, the terms "Subject LIKE digit" show up at the
left). Then I click on [Search] at the top, and get exactly the same
page back, except for my two results that show up (and should have
shown up in the first place).

I've racked my brains on this, and I can't figure out how this could
be happening. Any ideas?

Colin