[rt-users] Question about upcoming 3.0 and "templates"

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Tue Oct 15 19:15:08 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:12:36AM -0700, Wil Cooley wrote:
> But I haven't figured out how to do this with RT2 at all.  Obviously, in
> an ideal world, it would be something like this, which gets translated
> to actual HTML forms in the webUI and text in other places:
>
> =1:selection:Add,Remove,Modify:Add
> =2:text:Username:
> =3:text:Firstname:
> =4:text:Surname:

You're in luck on this one.  The 'ideal world' solution you mentioned
has been implemented as per-queue 'Custom Fields' in 2.1.x series,
which you may utilize to have a SingleSelect 'selection' filed,
a SingleInput 'Username' field, etc, and search on them.  I have
recently added a reordering UI (table-based multi-entry UI is under
works), but it hadn't yet been merged back.

The ticket creation screen has been approriately hacked to prompt
the user to enter custom fields, too.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/