Subject: [rt-users] rt 2-0-15 and oracle

Stoyan Genov genov at sun-fish.com
Thu Oct 17 08:04:41 EDT 2002

The problem goes further -- the SearchBuilder module
is not adopted to make queries that oracle understands.
It has problems with the join clause, the limit/offset clause,
the distinct selections over CLOB type of fields, and others.

A colleague of mine did a preliminary version of SearchBuilder
which runs for oracle and _does not_ run for mysql/pgsql. When
we have time, we will most probably rearrange the SearchBuilder
module entirely, so it is complaint with mysql/pgsql/oracle and
will post this to the community. However, we're overloaded with work
and this might take days to finish.

Also, the schema for oracle has to be patched as well to keep
relational integrity of foreign keys in the database.

What is the official way to submit patches for rt?

--sdg