[rt-users] Slow ticket creation with postgres?

Matthew Watson mwatson at netspace.net.au
Thu Oct 17 22:11:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

Details.
 postgres 7.2.3
 RT. 2.0.11

 In an attempt to speed things up a bit on our RT2 system, I'm playing with
converting the database from
mysql to postgres. I'm finding postgres to be somewhat slower in general,
but expect it to hold up
better in a multi user environment that mysql. However, when I go to create
a new ticket
via the WebUI, it takes about 40 seconds to bring up the ticket creation
window, this doesn't take anywhere
near that long in mysql?

 I've put postgres into debug_level 2, and it seems that it is doing ALOT of
queries to workout who has the rights to own tickets in
the queue i'm creating the ticket in. I'm using the standard indexes that
ship with rt2.0.11

 Any hints as to how to speed this up?
Matthew Watson
Development, Netspace Online Systems