[rt-users] Changing the order when resolving a ticket a such to reply...

Drew M. Mooney dmmooney at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 24 21:53:30 EDT 2002

Travis - it seems to me that RT wisely defaults to comment to prevent
those Embarrassing Moments in Customer Service during which one of your
support folks 'verbally' shreds a requestor for asking a Really Stupid
Question.

Better a user gets NO update than a potentially damaging one!

YMMV of course. I don't know how to reverse the default, but I would not
opt to do so at my site.

-drew-
Travis wrote:

I would like to change all the orders in RT from comments to reply if
possible.  For example, when you click on resolve it shows to comment
the ticket instead of correspond back to the requestors.   I would like
to change this functionality to always be correspond instead of comment
in all places, if possible.   People forget to change it and then the
user complains that they never got the update.