[rt-users] RT and other apache stuff

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Oct 28 17:47:29 EST 2002

Boy is that obtuse or what?  Anyway, I've searched the archives but never
found a usable solution so I'm willing to take suggestions.  It's a live
site I don't want to bugger up too bad.

I'd like to run some other web server based applications along side RT but
the install I did was for an RT only install.  I'd prefer to use Apache
VirtualHosts so I can refer to the sites as rt.mycompany.com,
otherstuff.mycompany.com, etc.

I tried enclosing the RT stuff in <VirtualHost> </VirtualHost> blocks and
the 'main' server in and out of VirtualHost block but I kept getting only
one page of the other.  Upon reflection I might have forgot to actually
refresh the page but I'd sure like some confirmation if this will work.

RHL 7.3, Apache 1.3.23, PostgreSQL 7.2.1, and whatever was the latest
version of mod_perl, Mason, and RT four-five months ago.

Any and all appreciated,
Rod