[rt-users] Merging and Replies

Sera sera at xmission.com
Mon Oct 28 23:21:37 EST 2002

We are using 2.0.14, and overall quite pleased.  I started messing with the
Merge option but found that it has some functionality that makes it useless
for us, unless I can figure out a way to modify it.  I've tried several
things but nothing works as we need yet.

Example, our news server crashes and we get 5 email asking why they can't
reach it.  I want to merge them all into one message so that I can send a
reply as to the damage, and later a reply saying it's back up.

If I merge them now, send out the explanation, and a user replies, it goes
to all users.  I don't want this to become a mailing list for many
reasons.. one the potential for abuse, two I don't want to flood users
mailboxes with "Thanks for the help" from other users, etc...

So I want the reply to just come to our email address, and not go to
others.  However, if I remove them as requestors, I lose the ability to
send out the Mass reply when it's back up.

Is there a way to create a setup that allows this usage?  Thanks in
advance.