[rt-users] Reply to header - resolved

Emile Coetzee emile at exinet.co.za
Tue Oct 29 03:06:49 EST 2002

I've been stuck with this problem ever since
installing rt (about a week). Where the hostname
disappears and the reply address is wrong. While
plonking through sendmail and contemplating
setting up a smarthost I pinged the mail server by
name and found that the nameserver hadn't been
configured. I modified my resolv.conf and now my
reply address is working the way I want it :) The
mail reply speed from RT has also increased (it
kinda makes sense now :)

Below is a sample of what I was getting.