[rt-users] RT and other apache stuff

Geoff Richards qef at rosies-dumplings.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 04:42:45 EST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 04:28:21PM -0800, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> [2002-10-28 14:50]:
> > I'd like to run some other web server based applications along side RT but
> > the install I did was for an RT only install.  I'd prefer to use Apache
> > VirtualHosts so I can refer to the sites as rt.mycompany.com,
> > otherstuff.mycompany.com, etc.
>
> Yes, it will work. I have several virtual servers running on one apache
> installation, rt being one of the above.
>
> I suggest doing hostname based virtual servers, and having a default
> server specified too.

You don't need the IP address to be given in newer versions of Apache
(1.3.13 or better).  If you've got a new enough version you can do this:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName rt.gbdirect.co.uk
  ServerAlias rt
  Options All
  ServerAdmin rt-owner at gbdirect.co.uk

</VirtualHost>

--

--- Geoff Richards -------><------- www.rosies-dumplings.co.uk/qef ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,