[rt-users] Split Ticket

Tony Aiuto tony at ics.com
Tue Oct 29 09:55:22 EST 2002

I need a feature that will let me split a ticket into N
tickets.  We often get bug reports that are 2 or more
separate issues.   What I would like to do is copy
all the data from the original ticket into the new
tickets.  Then the support staffer doing the split
can edit the subject and content on each to divide
the problems.   Ideally, if you ask to split into
3 tickets, you should get 3 popup dialogs which
present the subject and text of the original
so that you can edit them down as a single process.

Does anyone have a hack for that?

Does anyone have thoughts about the ideal version of
that feature?

Thanks in advance,

Tony Aiuto