[rt-users] Split Ticket

Chr. von Stuckrad stucki-rt-users at math.fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 31 18:55:03 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:55:22AM -0500, Tony Aiuto wrote:
> I need a feature that will let me split a ticket into N
> tickets.  We often get bug reports that are 2 or more
> separate issues.   What I would like to do is copy
> all the data from the original ticket into the new
> tickets.

'Funny coincidence', we (staff at math...) were talking
about nearly the same Idea a few days ago, but so far
only about 'copying the currently viewed ticket into a
new one'. So the 'staffer' would have to do this a few
more times in cases of 'more multi multi-issue'-tickets.

My *Idea* (no realisation yet) was so far just to
duplicate the workings of the button for 'new ticket'
and I did hope it will be possible to get/insert
all the necessary parts into the new ticket..
(And than hit 'back' often enough, and do it again).

Can somebody knowledeable give me hint whether this
is a good direction to start (and by this also start
top learn how adapt RT to our local needs :-)

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad     * * |nickname |<stucki at math.fu-berlin.de>\
Freie Universitaet Berlin  |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(days):+49 30 838-75 459|