[rt-users] Split Ticket

Dirk Pape pape at inf.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 29 11:13:22 EST 2002

Hello,

I liek to follow-up on this:

--On Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 9:55 Uhr -0500 Tony Aiuto <tony at ics.com>
wrote:

> I need a feature that will let me split a ticket into N
> tickets.  We often get bug reports that are 2 or more
> separate issues.   What I would like to do is copy
> all the data from the original ticket into the new
> tickets.  Then the support staffer doing the split
> can edit the subject and content on each to divide
> the problems.   Ideally, if you ask to split into
> 3 tickets, you should get 3 popup dialogs which
> present the subject and text of the original
> so that you can edit them down as a single process.

it would be a dream if the following scenario would be supported on
splitting:

a simple way to create n tickets out of one ticket so that the former
ticket depends on the n newly created ones, the former ticket can then be
set to stalled, the new ones to new.

If it happens that all of the child tickets are resolved, the former
ticket's status should change automatically to open and can be manually
resolved.

afterwards, if one of the resolved child ticket's status change again, the
parent tickets status should change to open again.

How could that be achieved? If anybody has an outline, which is consistent
with RT's development, I might have some ressources to contribute.

Regards,
Dirk