[rt-users] web form for submitting tickets

Ing. Daniel Manrique roadmr at entropia.com.mx
Fri Sep 6 16:46:34 EDT 2002

> I'm sure this has been brought up in the past (I did search the mailing
> list, but didn't really come up with much), but I need to come up with a
> web form for submitting tickets.  Does anyone who's done this before
> have any recommendations and examples that a newbie could look at.
> What is the best way to handle this?  I am not going to be able to give
> each user a login to the website, so this is the next best solution I
> could come up with.  I'm trying to get our RT2 installation ready to go
> live hear shortly and would appreciate any help or examples to look at.

Um, there are several CGI apps meant for taking what a user inputs in a
web form and then submitting that to a specific e-mail address. soupermail
comes to mind, but there are others. You could use one of these and build
a simple form that asks the user for his/her email address, subject, and
description of his problem and then uses a CGI to mail this to your
queue's address. You could even whip up one yourself; it'll only take a
screenful of perl, php, hell even bash code.

Hope this helps.

http://soupermail.sourceforge.net/index.html