[rt-users] Re: can't connect to mysql.sock?

Drew Mooney dmmooney at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 9 02:29:56 EDT 2002

Moses,

You were probably right. Unforturnately I took a heavy-handed approach
to fixing the problem BEFORE I read your reply. I was leaning towards a
permissions thing - and after reading your reply, found that
/usr/local/mysql/var was set to drwx------.

Even with /urs/local/mysql/var/mysql.sock set to srwxrwxrwx, the parent
directory probably locked out the apache-DBI user's attempts to connect.

Thanks for your reply - The webUI is fine now - I'm just getting around
to playing with solaris 8 sendmail and wishing I was still running RT on
SuSE linux... :-)

regards,

Drew