[rt-users] The Exchange Server <-> RT relationship.

James Satterfield JSatterfield at ciphergen.com
Tue Sep 10 14:28:23 EDT 2002

Neil,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give this a shot, but I'm a little wary of
the consequences it might bring. This registry setting allows incoming
internet mail to bypass the MTA. As most (if not all) exchange server virus
scanning agents scan at the MTA and not really at the IMC, this could cause
your anti-virus software to be useless when it comes to real time internet
mail scanning.
I can see how this may solve my From: problem, but perhaps at too great a
cost. I'll do a bit of research and testing to see how my virus scanning
theory pans out.

Thanks for the idea. This registry setting hadn't crossed my mind.
James.