[rt-users] Can anyone Offer some advice??

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Tue Sep 10 14:41:47 EDT 2002

* John Gedeon <jgedeon at qualcomm.com> [2002-09-10 14:38]:
> I installed perl and all the modules needed to connect to oracle as
> well as all the modules needed for RT. However rt's installation
> script dies when it tries to connect to the database which other perl
> scripts can do.

I believe that the Oracle DBD requires several environment variables to
be set, including SID.  Ensure that they are set and exported in your
environment, and ensure that the startup scripts for mod_perl (if you're
using mod_perl) have the environment variables set as well.

(darren)

--
Let face facts, shall we?  There is a very real possibility
that this could also be the *last* day of the rest of your life.