[rt-users] Error on fixdeps

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 12 17:50:35 EDT 2002

phew! looks like you got a problem with perl (and not with RT).
warning: i am no perl expert.

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Niranjan Patel wrote:

> This is the error I get on fixdeps can somebody help
(...)
> Perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/LWP/Protocol.pm line 87.
> is not supported]
>
> Trying with "/soft/net/lynx -source" to get
>     http://www.cpan.org/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
>
> System call "/soft/net/lynx -source
> "http://www.cpan.org/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz"  >
> /homes/woprf/n/niranjan/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt"
> returned status 0 (wstat 0)
> Warning: expected file
> [/homes/woprf/n/niranjan/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz]
> doesn't exist

the URI http://www.cpan.org/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz is OK. so, i
guess, either you had a temporary problem and you should just try
again, or the path /homes/woprf/n/niranjan/.cpan/sources/authors/ is
for some reason invalid (maybe it exists but permissions do not allow
the current user to write a file to .../authors/).

can't say more on this, sorry.
hth,

--
-- andreas