[rt-users] Deleting Users and Groups

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri Sep 13 10:46:01 EDT 2002

Mark E. Dawson, Jr. wrote:

>Ok, this seems like a pretty straightforward thing
>to ask.

But it is not. For referential integrity reasons, users and groups
cannot be deleted (but they can be deactivated).

>How in the world do I delete users and groups after
>I've created them?  I see no option for this.

Warning: This is not recommended, and /I/ would not do it. But -
You /could/ try manipulating the mysql db manually. There are not _that_
many places where users are references, but they should be replaced by
references to other users at least. This is easy for folks who only
commited a fistful of requests, but for someone working on about 20% of
all tickets as owner/requestor/commenter/whatever, it would be hell...

Regards,
    Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com