[rt-users] Autoreply by nobody

Nicolas Mailhot Nicolas.Mailhot at one2team.com
Fri Sep 13 09:31:35 EDT 2002

Le ven 13/09/2002 à 14:14, Kirill Miazine a écrit :
> * Nicolas Mailhot [2002-09-13 14:01]:
> > 	We've been playing with rt 2 lately, and found to our great sorrow
> > request tracker insists on autoreplying as nobody at localdomain to new
> > requests. This setting do not seem to be configurable anywhere
>
> I've modified the mail sending bit of my lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm to
> look like this:
>
>     if ($RT::MailCommand eq 'sendmailpipe') {
>         my $From =
>             $args{From} =~ /([\w.-]+\@[a-z0-9][a-z0-9.-]*\.[a-z]{2,})/i
>                 ? "-f $1"
>                 : undef;
>         open (MAIL, "|$RT::SendmailPath $From $RT::SendmailArguments")
>             or return(0);
>         print MAIL $entity->as_string;
>         close(MAIL);
>     }

Well, I've tried :

         my $From =
             $args{From} =~ /([\w.-]+\@[a-z0-9][a-z0-9.-]*\.[a-z]{2,})/i
                 ? "-F $1"
                 : undef;

[ End of patch ]
                                                                                    if ($RT::MailCommand eq 'sendmailpipe') {

[ ... ]

and this does not seem to work. MTA logs show mail is sent as unix user
nobody, and the MTA then tries to come up with nobody's mail address
(nobody at localdomain) by itself

Could you please enlighten me on what your code should do (seems I'm
good for a perl crash course anyway:()

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot
One2team : 12 bis rue de la Pierre Levée - 75011 Paris - France