[rt-users] Autoreply by nobody

Nicolas Mailhot Nicolas.Mailhot at one2team.com
Mon Sep 16 03:52:13 EDT 2002

Le ven 13/09/2002 à 17:34, Nils Ketelsen a écrit :
> At 17:16 13.09.2002 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>

> > > Hope this helps:(
> >
> >And just for the fun of it, I've added another alias :
> >
> >bubu:           "|id | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f bob at bob.bob -F
> >bill at bill.bill nim"
>
> Calling sendmail (or postfix or whatever) from your aliases might result in
> complete different behaviour from calling it directly on the commandline is
> user nobody. Maybe now sendmail is invoked with the rights of your MTA
> (possibly as user mail) instead of being invoked as user nobody.

That's why I started by an id. Do you think it could have missed
something like a priviledged user ? (just curious, I rechecked this
putting everything in a script and it send the same mail -- so the
problem seems to be in rt's own script and not the mta)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot
One2team : 12 bis rue de la Pierre Levée - 75011 Paris - France