[rt-users] Autoreply by nobody [Solution]

Nicolas Mailhot Nicolas.Mailhot at one2team.com
Mon Sep 16 06:39:39 EDT 2002

Le lun 16/09/2002 à 12:21, Kirill Miazine a écrit :
> * Nicolas Mailhot [2002-09-16 12:14]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	For those interested here is the solution I finaly come up with :
> >
> > if ($RT::MailCommand eq 'sendmailpipe') {
> > open (MAIL, "|$RT::SendmailPath -f $RT::OwnerEmail
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <- make sure this
>                                                         doesn't contain
>                                                         evil characters
> > $RT::SendmailArguments") || return(0);
> > print MAIL $MIMEObj->as_string;
> > close(MAIL);
> > }
> >
> > You must change both SendEmail.pm and Email.pm to make it work (took me
> > a *lot* of time to figure why my changes didn't have any effect:).
>
> You only spoke about autoresponding to new tickets if I remember
> correctly. Action/SendEmail.pm is not used at that time.

Well, I don't know how our rt people configured the thing, but it does
use  Action/SendEmail.pm for new tickets :)

> > It seems to work cleanly (at least with sendmail, not sendmailpipe).
> > Moreover I think this should be the default behaviour, OwnerEmail is
> > really the one that should be in the enveloppe.
>
> IMHO the default behaviour should be using SMTP and avoid command line
> arguments entirely.

Of course:) This was the least intrusive change I could come up with.

When I wrote this is the correct behaviour IMHO, I meant the enveloppe
should always be OwnerEmail since this parameter is defined as the
address where errors should go, not that this was the best way to do it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot
One2team : 12 bis rue de la Pierre Levée - 75011 Paris - France