[rt-users] New Install: User creation, System config questions

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Sep 16 18:10:51 EDT 2002

Drew Mooney wrote:
> The alternatives? Tracking newuser password changes piecemeal, and
> maintaining user-related email threads offline from RT. This scheme
> would keep everything RT-related on RT. It's _probably_ of limited
> utility after the up-front flood of user-creations required by deploying
> RT, but still a worthwhile endeavor I think.

Why not script something /outside/ RT? Since you're probably
going to use the CLI to create users and assign their passwords,
why not wrap the RT CLI commands in a script that also sends the
details to the user?
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630