[rt-users] RT Reports - Time Worked?

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Sep 17 14:40:55 EDT 2002

Drew Mooney wrote:

>RT-2.0.14
>
>My management team would be a bit quicker to embrace RT if I could show
>them a way to track billable vs. non-billable hours worked by ticket
>owners. [not just against a particular ticket if you see the
>distinction]
>
>I see that it's possible with the Time Worked field to enter this sort
>of data into a ticket's history - but I'm not clear on how to generate
>reports on it. Specific questions:
>
>1. I assume only a ticket owner can peg the time worked counter? If
>multiple users work the same ticket, each would in turn have to 'steal'
>or 'take' ownership of the ticket to report time worked on a particular
>issue, correct?´

no. Anyone can change that counter.

>2. Is there any way to track these time pegs by user, and not just by
>total time accumulated per ticket?  Unfortunately, we're evaluated by
>our weekly and monthly 'billability' - percentage of hours in a week we
>spend supporting billable activities. So while knowing just how many
>hours to charge a particular customer for support activities is a Good
>Thing(tm), knowing the distribution of those billable hours amongst the
>troops would be Much Nicer(tm).

changing the 'time worked' field is a transaction being tracked in the
history by user. But it is not easy to use in the matter You want,
because 'time worked' is absolute. If You worked on it for 30 minutes,
and I for twenty five, I would have to change it to 55 to reflect the
time worked correctly, and some script would have to sort things out on
a per user basis.

>3. I've looked to the 'contrib' pages. There're Reports.html and
>Weekly.html apparently developed by Jesse Himself? but there's no README
>with it. Where does this plug in?

Just put them into <path to rt2>/WebRT/html/. You probably have to tweak
some variables.

>BTW - if i haven't said so yet, thanks to Jesse & Associates, and all of
>you guys on users and developers for a software package I'm becoming
>ever more impressed with...this stuff rocks.

If You really want to show some thankfulness, try to arrange for some
money to hire Jesse in Your budget...

Regards,
    Harald

--