[rt-users] Login problem, has anyone solved?

Kirill Miazine lists at krot.org
Fri Sep 20 14:30:43 EDT 2002

* Forrest Stanley [2002-09-20 09:35]:
> I notice several other users with this problem, and no one has posted a fix
> for it. I have installed and configured rt2.0.14 with redhat 7.2. When the
> login screen comes up, I enter the correct login (root) and password
> (password) into the login boxes. The problem is, none of these are being
> passed to the next screen. When I hit go, it comes back to the login,
> without even a failed or invalid password statement. Earlier this month
> Gary Oberbrunner solved the problem by changing the args_method in
> NewMason11ApacheHandler (in /usr/local/rt2/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm) from
> 'CGI' to 'mod_perl'. This temporarily solved the problem, and allowed me to

Hm. I didn't know about Gary Oberbrunner's solution, but I solved it in
exactly the same way :)

> login. But when I try to post a new ticket I get this error:
>
> error:  Can't call cgi_object() unless 'args_method' is set to CGI.
>
> context:  ...
> 90:  $RT::Mason::r->content_type($type);
> 91:  }
> 92:
> 93:  sub CGIObject {
> 94:  $m->cgi_object();
> 95:  }
> 96:
> 97:  }
> 98:  my ($parser, $interp, $ah);
>
> code stack:  /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl:94
> /opt/rt2/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:401
> /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/Display.html:59
> /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/autohandler:58
>
> This error makes sense, but I am unsure how to fix it. So basically I am
> either looking for a way to get everything passed through with CGI. Or how
> to hack the file so mod_perl works. I appreciate the help that this board
> has given me. :)

I have commented out code in RT/Interface/RT.pm starting with (and
including) "my $cgi_object = CGIObject()" and the if-block following it
until (but not including) "$Message->make_singlepart()".

I also removed all file-upload fields from HTML, so that users don't
know about their existance.

--
Kirill