[rt-users] File::Spec ??

Greg White gregw-rt-users at greg.cex.ca
Fri Sep 20 23:19:47 EDT 2002

On Fri Sep 09/20/02, 2002 at 07:17:54PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hello users,
>
> After living with this problem for months, I've now decided to ask the gurus
> for a solution.
>
> There are times I've had to reinstall File::Spec because apache complains
> about the version. The problem is that once in a while this problem rears
> its ugly face again:
[massive correct info elided]

Let me guess (and I don't think it's a guess, I'm sure I've seen you on
the FreeBSD lists) -- you're tracking -STABLE in FreeBSD. ;)

Every time you buildworld/installworld, you must reinstall File::Spec --
either FreeBSD has added it, or it's always been part of a standard Perl
5.005_03 install -- been ages since I used that version of Perl in
anything but FreeBSD.

I simply make it a part of my set procedure for buildworld/installworld.
Anytime after the install, but before the reboot, will prevent any
downtime for Apache & RT except for the reboot. I find right after
mergemaster works best, it's user-interactive as well.

--
Greg White