[rt-users] RT - Restoring the DB

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Fri Sep 27 14:27:16 EDT 2002

* Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com> [20020927 21:21]: wrote:
> At 09:03 AM 9/27/2002, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >I have lost the full functioanlity of rt2 after I migrated my /var
> >partition
> >to a larger disk.
>
> UGH. I just went through this.

;-)

I am not alone. Gives me reason to smile even in the face of trouble like this.

> OK, heres the drill:
>  1 Shut down httpd and sendmail (sendmail will bounce messages, so it is
> better to have them spool on a secondary MX somewhere)
>  2 Shut down MySQL
>  3 Copy your old files into the directory (in this instance,
> /var/db/mysql/rt2)
>  4 Start MySQL
>  5 Run mysqlcheck on the DB
>  6 Cross fingers

[root at ns2]#mysqlcheck rt2
rt2.ACL                                            OK
rt2.Attachments                                    OK
rt2.GroupMembers                                   OK
rt2.Groups                                         OK
rt2.KeywordSelects                                 OK
rt2.Keywords                                       OK
rt2.Links                                          OK
rt2.ObjectKeywords                                 OK
rt2.Queues                                         OK
rt2.ScripActions                                   OK
rt2.ScripConditions                                OK
rt2.Scrips                                         OK
rt2.Templates                                      OK
rt2.Tickets                                        OK
rt2.Transactions                                   OK
rt2.Users                                          OK
rt2.Watchers                                       OK

> Sounds like only a few tables got hosed. Before trying the above I would
> give mysqlcheck a chance. Worst case it blows your DB into little bits and
> you go to using Fridays backup anyway :)

The situation is still the same, even after this.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash at wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I'd love to go out with you, but I've been scheduled for a karma
transplant."