[rt-users] ssl, rt, and IE

Rick Rezinas rick.rezinas at qsent.com
Fri Sep 27 15:06:41 EDT 2002

here's a problem I had, and how to fix it.  We server rt over HTTPS only
here, and there was a problem with IE not bothering to look at the
server sporadically.  It turned out to be an IE bug made visible by
openSSL.  Here's the fix

add this to your server config (it's inside my
<VirtualHost 10.110.xx.xx:443>
declaration.)

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

hope that's usefule to someone.

--
Rick Rezinas  503-889-7091
Unix Systems Administrator

When Gladstone was British Prime Minister he visited Michael Faraday's
laboratory and asked if some esoteric substance called `Electricity'
would ever have practical significance.
"One day, sir, you will tax it," was the answer.
					        	-- Science, 1994