[rt-users] httpd.conf problem.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Sep 30 05:19:56 EDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Ron Alexander wrote:

> i have httpd.conf configured as shown in
> http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#49 to run rt with other content.
> with this configuration, apache will not start. running 'apachectl
> start' will cause 'httpd started' to be echoed, but no job is actually
> started.
>
> if i remove the line 'PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl' and run
> 'apachectl start' httpd actually starts and I can view all content
> except the rt material. the error going to log is:
> [Mon Sep 23 16:54:47 2002] [error] Can't locate RT/Mason.pm in @INC

RT::Mason comes from webmux.pl .  It is quite possible that webmux.pl is
simply not readable by the user that is running Apache.

Personally I would suggest running RT on a seperate instance of Apache as
the rt user.  (Use a seperate port and mod_proxy in your main Apache)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security