[rt-users] rt2, fastcgi, and >1 instance suggestions?

Ken Gunderson ken at teamcool.net
Thu Sep 19 13:49:06 EDT 2002

Greets:

I would like to configure 2-3 instances of rt running uders virtual
hosts on same web server.  Seems like fastcgi is the most attractive
option here.  anybody have any experience/comments?  Should i be
looking at multiple instances of apache/ports or using mod_proxy??
Guess I'd basically like to find out more info about multiple instances
and the associated advantages/disadvantages of the various solutions
from folks doing this in the real world (tm).  Also, archives reference
foobarred versions of Mason.  FreeBSD port system presently sports
1.13.  Is this a safe/recommended version?

The box runs FreeBSD, perl 5.005_03, mysql, and apache-1.3.26.
presently has 1/2 gig of ram, but i've got another 1/2 gig i can
allocate if necesary.

Thanks bunches--  kg