[rt-users] RT3 DOA - won't accept mail

Kirill Miazine km-lists at krot.org
Tue Apr 1 02:57:01 EST 2003

Rob Mitzel wrote:
> Well, now I can't even get RT 3 to accept mail. I can create tickets fine,
> and RT sends the auto-ack just fine, but when you try and email a ticket,
> you get what I cut & pasted at the bottom of this.  I've tried everything I
> can think of.  It's rt 3, on FreeBSD 4.5 with exim 4 and Apache 2.

mod_perl or fastcgi? I don't know whether I'd use Apache 2 in production
yet. 1.3 is rock stable, while I consider 2.0 still being beta-quality.

> (BEGIN CUT & PASTE)

>   pipe to |/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
> correspond --url http://ticket.peer1.net/
>     generated by rt at ticket.peer1.net
>     local delivery failed
>
> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
>
> ------ pipe to |/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
> correspond --url http://ticket.peer1.net/
>        generated by rt at ticket.peer1.net ------
>
> RT server error.
>
> The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
> said:

<contents of ~rt3/share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway>

For some reason Mason component that should handle ticket submission
(share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway) was not run, but instead
treated as regular file.

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km at krot.org