[rt-users] RT and Forward

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Tue Apr 1 07:01:54 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Martin Schapendonk wrote:

> # > It may be an option to forward emails from your mail server
> # instead of RT.
> # > Simply add an extra address to your RT alias and you'll be set.
> #
> # Yes, but this is not very convenient to use if you want to
> # forward only a few
> # tickets and you have many tickets in queue.
>
> True, I didn't get that from your first request.
>
> In that case: no, I don't think RT has such an option.
>
> What would be the purpose of such functionality? Can you solve it by adding
> an extra CC on tickets?

I've implemented my own [Forward] function in RT2 to allow:
- send ticket's body to third party without RT tag and with my personal
(or other given) e-mail address in reply-to.
- create a 'duplicate' ticket in another RT queue, because RT normally
  doesn't allow send e-mail to it self.

> Martin

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377 632 837
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI402