[rt-users] RT 3.0 install problem with Apache::Request on RedHat 7.3

Curtis Rempel curtis at telus.net
Tue Apr 1 12:03:32 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 09:58, Ian Grant wrote:
    > On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 09:21, Ian Grant wrote:
    >     > On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 08:54, shimi wrote:
    >     >     arrr... ok, try answering yes to the question, or, if at all possible,
    >     >     just type ! <return> where it asks for /sbin/...httpd... i remember
    >     >     messing with these, and eventually it worked, and the platform as the same
    >     >     as yours....
    >
    >     I found I had to give a working server there. Typing '!' would still result in the test being run, failing and therefore preventing the install.
    >

    > Which is the strange part - I do have a working server, I can fire up
    > the default test page no problem and /usr/sbin/httpd is where it lives
    > for RedHat 7.3 out of the box.  So, even if I explicitly specify
    > /usr/sbin/httpd instead of hitting Return, it still chokes with one of
    > two errors depending upon whether I choose to check for dynamic module
    > dependencies or not in the config file.
    >
    > RedHat 7.3 out of the box uses mod_perl does it not?

    I doubt it. IFIRC the Apache that comes with Red Hat 8.0 doesn't. I built it
    from source.

    > For testing purposes, please give the full path to an httpd
    > with mod_perl enabled.  The path defaults to $ENV{APACHE}, if present.
    >  [/usr/sbin/httpd] ('!' to skip):
    >
    > I'm not sure what else could be causing this...

    No mod_perl?
    --
    Ian Grant, Computer Lab., William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Ave., Cambridge
    Phone: +44 1223 334420

Forgive my "newbiness" regarding this matter, but how would a person
tell if mod_perl was enabled with httpd?  I searched for perl in the
httpd.conf and found:

LoadModule perl_module        modules/libperl.so
AddModule mod_perl.c
    # avoid the ambiguity with the common suffix for perl scripts.
    # which has a broken HTTP/1.1 implementation and does not properly
# If the perl module is installed, this will allow execution of mod_perl
#<IfModule mod_perl.c>
#    Alias /perl /var/www/perl
#    <Directory /var/www/perl>
#        SetHandler perl-script

Does the existence of the LoadModule and AddModule above indicate that
mod_perl is enabled?

Thanks.