[rt-users] Trouble installing Apache::Request

Rad Widmer rwidmer at eclypse.org
Tue Apr 1 16:05:58 EST 2003

Hello all:

This is my first post to this list, so forgive me if this is somewhat OT.
I'm trying to install the prerequisites for rt, and all was going well until
I got to Apache::Request.  I'm running on a linux redhat 8.0 system, with
Apache 1.3.27 and mod_perl 1.27 (compiled static into apache).  I had to
rebuild apache and mod_perl from sources. I'm using the interactive CPAN
shell to do the install. When I try 'install Apache::Request', the make
command succeeds, but 'make test' fails all tests. It looks like httpd is
being started OK. It is located in usr/local/apache. In response to the
questions make test asks, I enter the usr/local/apache path. All other
questions I just take the defaults.

I'm not sure if there is a real problem here.  It could be that I don't have
apache, etc, set up correctly, though I did start apache using the apachectl
(?) command, and it successfully started and showed the default home page.
I'm an apache, mod_perl, linux, rt newbie, though I do know perl.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Rad