[rt-users] Queue/ticket admininistration privilege restriction.

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.net
Wed Apr 2 05:34:19 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a queue with a user who is a administrative role for
assigning and viewing tickets only, but no rights to either correspond nor
comment on a ticket.

I've set the Group Rights so that "Everybody" can create, but only the
owner and the requestor can reply.

With two different configurations for the User Rights for this user (who is
not an AdminCC, nor listed anywhere other than the Queue->QueueName->User
Rights section, I'm not able to accomplish this...

The two different configurations were:

ModifyTicket
SeeQueue
ShowTicket

And

AdminQueue
SeeQueue
ShowTicket

In the second case, the user could indeed see the queue, and show the
contents of tickets, but could not change the ticket owner, but COULD still
correspond and comment....just not see comments that they made.

In the first case, the user could change the owner of a ticket, make
comments (but not see them) and correspond; even though they were not the
owner.

I can make the queue-assigner person be able to change the watchers by
using:

ModifyQueueWatchers
SeeQueue
ShowTicket

However, they are still able to make comments and send correspondence.

I'm sure this is something obvious...pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott