[rt-users] Strange localization problem

Robert Jansen rjansen at vub.ac.be
Wed Apr 2 17:18:51 EST 2003

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:26:26PM +0200, Robert Jansen wrote:
> > Safari still display katakana when using the "default" Text Encoding setting in the browser
> > (which is probably UTF-8, because choosing this Text Enconding yields the same result in the browser)
> >
> > Any ideas
>
> Do you get the same issues when displaying rt3.bestpractical.com?

No. Even stranger,... when I change the Text Encoding in the browser, The rt3.bestpractical.com page REMAINS in english !

With my setup, my page is redrawn trying to render the Text Encoding which I choose.
(BTW: Japanese(MacOS) looks good, other give gibberish)

I can try to update perl modules, maybe an old module from a local European mirror.
I reconfigured my perl CPAN to use the main perl CPAN site only.

How do you update in bulk all the installed module in perl ?
(searched CPAN and perl, but no clear pointers on this matter).

Any pointers appreciated.

TIA

Jansen Robert