[rt-users] Moving rt 2.0.14 to a new system

Cracauer, Dave dcracauer at Integral7.com
Thu Apr 3 11:56:45 EST 2003

          This fix does not appear to be permanent, and I am no longer sure that the crypt() function is the problem.  Does any one have any ideas why users can no longer log in after an apache restart?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cracauer, Dave
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 3:32 PM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: [rt-users] Moving rt 2.0.14 to a new system

Greetings,
I need to move my current rt database to a new server.  I have rt installed on the new system, and have backed up and moved the mysql database there as well.  Unfortunately, no users can login.  After manually hashing the password "password" and updating the database, the root user is able to login and set other users passwords.  However, I would like to avoid doing this, and make the upgrade transparent to the user.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Dave Cracauer