[rt-users] ticket creation error after using migration script s

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Mon Apr 7 04:23:06 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Shmulik Gazit wrote:
>From This:
>Mon Apr  7 07:49:08 2003] [warning]: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:
>Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index tickets_pkey at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 376.
> (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:222)
>
>I can only assume that the counter for tickets didn't get increased when the
>old tickets got in, cause now it is trying to add an index number that
>already exists. have a look at tickets_pkey.

rt3=# \d tickets_pkey
Index "public.tickets_pkey"
 Column |  Type
 id     | integer
 primary key, btree, for table "public.tickets"

which is interesting, as Postgres has a serial type just for this sort of
thing.

Would making 'id' a serial type instead of an integer solve this problem, or
should I expect massive breakage?

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg