[rt-users] ticket creation error after using migration scripts

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Mon Apr 7 21:36:36 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>Ack. that needs to get into the upgrade notes. See the RT1 to RT2
>importer for the explanation of what postgres is losing on.
>you need to manually increment the sequence counters.

I've googled for "rt2 to rt3 importer" and the only relevant hit is the
announcement that says it's in CVS.  A bit of hunting and I found this:
http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/import-1.0-to-2.0
but I can't see in it an explanation.

Forgive me if this is a braindead question, but what do I increment the
sequence counters to?

I'm still not sure why you aren't using postgres's serial type for this
anyway ;-)

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg