[rt-users] ticket creation error after using migration scripts

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Mon Apr 7 21:56:20 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>Ack. that needs to get into the upgrade notes. See the RT1 to RT2
>importer for the explanation of what postgres is losing on.
>you need to manually increment the sequence counters.

Okay, for reference I've done the following (within psql)

rt3=# select max(id) from tickets;
 max
-----
 365
(1 row)

rt3=# select setval('tickets_id_seq', 366);
 setval
--------
    366
(1 row)

rt3=# select max(id) from transactions;
 max
------
 2024
(1 row)

rt3=# select setval('transactions_id_seq', 2025);
 setval
--------
   2025
(1 row)

and that's fixed the immediate problem.  I guess I'll have to go through the other sequence types and fix them up too.

I think that the migration script could do this though.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg