[rt-users] performance improvements when retrieving a ticket

Nicolae P. Costescu nick at strongholdtech.com
Tue Apr 8 12:10:15 EDT 2003

Hi All,

We're at rt v2.0.9. We have about 4000 tickets in our system.

Since this release, have there been any performance improvements when
getting tickets? Tickets that have say 10 - 20 transactions or comments
take a long time to retrieve on our system, and I noticed there are many
queries for each comment/transaction.

Anyone know if this has been optimized in any of the later versions of rt?

Also - anyone have any tips on optimizing the DB?

We vacuum it nightly, and it does seem all the fields he queries on are
indexed already.

We're using postgresql - is this operation significantly faster with mysql?

Thanks
Nick
Nicolae P. Costescu, Ph.D.  / Senior Developer
Stronghold Technologies
46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 160 / Sterling, Va 20166
Tel: 571-434-1472 / Fax: 571-434-1478