[rt-users] Attempt to serve directory

David Bilsby bilsby at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Apr 9 09:49:08 EDT 2003

Hi
	I have setup and installed RT 3.0.0. I am using Solaris 2.6 with Apache
2.0.45 and perl 5.8.0. I also installed mod_perl2. I setup the web interface to
sit on a virtual host as suggested in the docs.

	Everything seems to work alright except that if I don't specify an html
file in all URLs, I get a "Attempt to serve directory" error. I have had this
before on other virtual hosts and solved the problem with a DirectoryIndex line
in the apache config file pointing to index.html. On this virtual hosts however
it fails.

	It seems to only happen if I have all the perl stuff setup. That is if I
comment out the PerlModule, etc settings in the virtual host and just leave it
to serve the RT/share/html pages, then I can specify the URL without an
explicite html file.

	Has anyone come across this before.

		David.

| Real-Time Embedded Systems Group   | David Bilsby    (Senior Engineer)    |
| email: d.bilsby at signal.qinetiq.com | QinetiQ Ltd                          |
| Tel:  +44 (1684) 896158            | Room E306, St Andrews Road,          |
| Fax:  +44 (1684) 894952            | Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, ENGLAND    |

The Information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent correspondence
is private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). For those
other than the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed herein are entirely those of the author and do not
represent the views, policy or understanding of any other person or
official body.