[rt-users] compatibility layers?

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Thu Apr 10 13:24:36 EDT 2003

Lo everyone,

I've setup RT3 on my FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE box, running perl 5.8.0 (Recently
Upgraded).

After initial installation, the dependencies was all fine (no modules
reported missing), and RT installed successfully - frankly, it was much
easier than the RT2 installations I've done previously.

I added the mail gateways, and so far, they too seem to run properly,
returning a 403-FORBIDDEN Error message, which is understandable, seeing
that Apache hasn't been set up yet.

I completed the Apache configuration, the snippet of my apache config:
  # Request Tracker
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  Alias /rt/ /usr/local/rt3/WebRT/html/
  <Directory /usr/local/rt3/WebRT/html>
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Indexes Limit
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>
  PerlModule Apache::DBI
  PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
  <Location /rt>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Location>

However, when I issue a apachectl configtest, I get the following:
Syntax error on line 386 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Encode.pm compatibility layer for 5.00503 not yet available. at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Encode/compat.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/I18N.pm line 41.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 37.

Now, I've read about this "compatibility layer" error with encode.pm before,
and I am briefly understanding the error.  I haven't found a solution for
this yet...

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this for me perhaps...

--
me